We can trace our history back to 1936 with the formation of Folkestone Yacht Club. In 1956 the club inaugurated the first cross channel sailing race and in 1958 our North Street clubhouse was built.
Today we have about 150 members between sailing, motor boat, paddle boarders and Sub Aqua sections.
The club leases an area of the harbour and members lay their own moorings to pre laid chains. Although the harbour dries out at low water access is possible from 2 to 3 hours before and 3 to 4 hours after high water. This makes it ideal for bilge keel boats and lifting keel craft.
The clubhouse is situated near the harbour and has changing rooms, showers, bar, meeting and social facilities. In our St Peters area opposite the club we have a large classroom, paddle board storage and an air compressor room, cylinder and diving gear store plus Nitrox facilities for refilling diving members cylinders with air or NITROX.